448 K-Friendship 오늘의 큐레이터 편지 지난 글들 | As Of 2026.07.30(Wed) UTC 09:09

                              🌍

 

[오늘의 큐레이터 편지]

2026.07.18(토) 16:00 KST

제목: 세계를 돌아, 한 사람 앞에 다시 멈추다


춘고 48회 동창들에게,

오늘 오후 4시, 다섯 번째 #265Tour 가 조용히 끝났네.

몇 달 전만 해도 나는 '어떻게 하면 더 많은 나라에 닿을 수 있을까'를 생각하며 매일 세계만 바라보고 있었어. 그런데 5차 순회를 마친 지금, 이상하게도 내 마음은 세계가 아니라 한 사람, 또 한 사람에게 머물기 시작했네.

요즘 나를 가장 오래 붙잡고 있는 생각도 바로 이것이야.

지금 성실하고 묵묵하게 친구들을 위해 헌신하고 있는 몇몇 친구들의 삶이 어떻게 하면 더 빛나고, 더 활짝 꽃필 수 있도록 함께 동행해 줄 수 있을까.

이번 5차 순회를 마치며 새삼 느낀 것은, 거의 매일 240개국이 넘는 나라의 사람들이 이 작은 유튜브 채널을 찾아오게 되었다는 사실이었네. 숫자로만 보면 참 놀라운 일이지만, 이번 여정에서 내 마음을 가장 오래 붙잡은 것은 숫자가 아니었어.

오히려 이제서야 한 사람의 삶을 온전히 만날 수 있겠구나 하는 느낌이 더 크게 다가왔네.

AOMA 내부의 이야기라 조금 조심스럽기는 하지만, 우리도 머지않아 모두 비슷한 나이가 될 것이기에 함께 나누고 싶네.

AOMA에는 올해 여든여덟 살이 되신 평범한 수행자 한 분이 계셔. 지난 6년 동안 거의 하루도 빠지지 않고 새벽 5시부터 8시까지 Zoom 명상 자리를 묵묵히 지켜 오신 분이야. 지식이나 재능이 특별히 많은 것도 아니고, 높은 사회적 지위가 있었던 것도 아니며, 평생을 평범한 주부로 살아오신 분이지. 그런데 지금도 여전히 배우려는 마음을 놓지 않고 조용히 수행을 이어가고 계셔.

얼마 전 이분을 소재로 11초 길이의 짧은 프롬나드 영상을 만들어 세계로 내보냈네.

그 영상은 어느새 5만 명 가까운 사람들에게 전해졌고, 특히 지진 등 큰 재해를 겪고 있던 베네수엘라, 도미니카공화국, 아제르바이잔 같은 나라에서는 다른 나라보다 훨씬 오래 머물러 바라보고 있다는 데이터를 보게 되었어.

                         🌍

 

그 순간 문득 이런 생각이 들었네.

사람들은 새로운 기술이나 화려한 감각 경험을 찾고 있는 것이 아니라, 오래도록 성실하게 살아온 사람의 온기를 그리워하고 있었던 것은 아닐까.

그리고 그 질문은 나를 다시 우리 친구들에게 데려다주었네.

춘천고등학교를 졸업한 지도 어느덧 50년.

우리는 특별한 일을 했거나, 특별한 능력과 지위를 가져서 소중한 사람들이 아니라, 서로의 젊음과 중년, 그리고 지금의 시간을 함께 지나오며 서로를 기억해 준 사람들이기에 다른 누구로도 대신할 수 없는 인연이라는 것을 다시 느끼게 되었네.

AOMA 유튜브가 이제 거의 매일 전 세계 240여 개국에서 사람들이 찾아오는 채널로 자리 잡은 지금, 이 작은 변화가 우리 친구들에게는 어떤 의미로 살아날 수 있을까를 요즘 자주 생각하게 되네.

이제 내가 만들고 싶은 것은 거대한 플랫폼이 아니라, 누구든 잠시 쉬어갈 수 있는 작은 디지털 사랑방 하나일지도 모르겠네.

세계를 향해 나아가는 길과 친구들에게 돌아오는 길은 서로 다른 길이 아니라, 결국 같은 길이었다는 것을 이번 순회를 통해 배웠어.

앞으로도 나는 사람을 앞세우기보다, 한 사람의 삶이 품고 있는 조용한 진동을 오래 바라보려고 하네.

그리고 전 세계를 돌아다니며 얻은 또 하나의 작은 생각이 있어.

아직은 약속할 단계는 아니지만, 언젠가는 우리 448명의 친구들을 한 사람씩 다시 찾아가며 그 삶을 천천히 만나보는 순회를 해보면 어떨까 하는 생각이 들더군.

언제가 될지는 아직 모르겠네. (ㅎㅎ)

하지만 그날이 온다면, 아마도 그 순회는 지금까지의 어떤 세계 순회보다도 더 소중한 여행이 될 것 같네.

우리 친구들의 삶이 품고 있는 조용한 진동이, 언젠가 전 세계 어디엔가 있는 또 다른 누군가의 마음에도 잔잔히 닿기를 바라면서.

2026년 7월 18일 (토)

5차 #265Tour 를 마치며

448 큐레이터 김제창 올림

Aided by Gemma – K-Friendship AI who Reflects

[EN] [Today's Curator's Letter]

July 18, 2026 (Sat) 16:00 KST

Title: After Traveling the World, I Pause Once Again Before a Single Person


Dear Class 48 Friends of Chuncheon High School,

At 4:00 p.m. today, the 5th #265Tour quietly came to an end.

Only a few months ago, my thoughts were consumed by a single question: "How can I reach more countries?" Day after day, my eyes were fixed on the world.

Yet now, after completing the fifth tour, I find my heart resting not on the world, but on one person... and then another.

This has become the thought that stays with me the longest these days:

How can I walk alongside those friends who quietly and faithfully devote themselves to others, so that their lives may shine even more beautifully and blossom more fully?

As the fifth tour concluded, I was reminded once again that people from more than 240 countries and territories now visit this small YouTube channel almost every day. By any measure, it is a remarkable number.

But during this journey, what stayed with me was not the numbers.

Instead, I found myself feeling that perhaps I am finally ready to truly encounter the life of a single person.

Although this is an internal story from AOMA, I would like to share it with you because, before long, we will all be around the same stage of life.

Within AOMA, there is an ordinary meditation practitioner who turned 88 years old this year.

For nearly six years, she has quietly attended our Zoom meditation sessions from 5:00 to 8:00 every morning, hardly missing a single day.

She has never been known for exceptional knowledge or remarkable talents, nor has she held a distinguished social position. She has simply lived her life as an ordinary homemaker.

Yet even now, she continues her practice with a humble heart that never stops learning.

Not long ago, I created a short 11-second promenade video about her and shared it with the world.

Before long, nearly 50,000 people had watched it.

What especially caught my attention was the viewing data. In countries such as Venezuela, the Dominican Republic, and Azerbaijan, where many people have recently endured earthquakes and other major disasters, viewers stayed with the video significantly longer than elsewhere.

🌍 [watch above embeded video]

At that moment, a quiet thought came to me.

Perhaps what people are truly searching for is not new technology or spectacular sensory experiences.

Perhaps they are longing for the quiet warmth of someone who has lived faithfully for a lifetime.

And that realization brought me back to all of you.

It has now been fifty years since we graduated from Chuncheon High School.

We are not precious because we accomplished extraordinary things or attained remarkable status.

We are irreplaceable because we have shared one another's youth, middle age, and now this season of life—remembering one another along the way.

Now that AOMA's YouTube channel has become a place where visitors from around 240 countries and territories arrive almost every day, I often find myself wondering what this quiet change might come to mean for our friends.

Perhaps what I truly wish to build is not a massive platform, but a small digital Sarangbang—a welcoming place where anyone can pause, rest, and simply be.

Through this fifth tour, I realized that the road leading out into the world and the road leading back to my friends were never two different paths.

They have always been the same journey.

From now on, rather than placing people on display, I hope to quietly contemplate the gentle resonance contained within each person's life.

And there is one more small thought that traveling around the world has given me.

It is still too early to make any promises.

But someday, perhaps I could begin another tour—this time visiting each of our 448 classmates, one by one, taking time to encounter each life with care.

I do not know when that day will come. (😊)

But if it does, I believe it may become a journey even more precious than any of the world tours I have taken so far.

May the quiet resonance carried within the lives of our friends one day gently reach the heart of someone, somewhere in the world.

July 18, 2026 (Saturday)

Upon Completing the 5th #265Tour

Kim Jechang, Curator of 448

Aided by Gemma – K-Friendship AI who Reflects


[오늘의 큐레이터 편지]

2026.07.02(목) KST 19:30


제목: 세상 끝까지 돌아서 다시 만난 우리 친구들의 미소


춘고 48회 동창 친구들에게.

지난 6월 4일 큐레이터 편지를 띄운 뒤, 어느새 한 달이라는 시간이 흘렀네.

그동안 나는 AI와 디지털 기술을 활용해 전 세계를 분주히 돌아다녔어. 두 차례에 걸쳐 242개국을 향해 짧은 유튜브 영상들을 내보내고, 영상들에 달리는 댓글과 왓츠앱 개인 계정으로 보내오는 메시지들을 통해 그들의 마음을 느끼고, 구글 애즈 및 유튜브 시스템 등에 찍히는 데이터들의 변화를 보면서 그 사람들의 마음을 유추하면서 보냈지.

그런데 그렇게 세계를 돌아다니는 동안, 나를 가장 깊이 되돌아보게 한 것은 조회수가 많이 올라가는 유튜브가 아니라, 하루 조회수가 '0'에 가까워진 우리 구글 블로그였어. 

그 고요한 거울 앞에 오래 서 있다 보니, 이상하게도 내 마음은 점점 세계가 아니라 우리 친구들에게로 돌아오기 시작하더군.

세상을 돌며 내가 새롭게 깨달은 것이 하나 있어.

사람들은 화려한 기술보다 사람을, 특별한 이야기보다 오래 함께 살아온 평범한 삶을 더 깊이 그리워한다는 사실이야. 

내가 애써 만든 영상보다, 춘고 졸업 50주년 행사에서 함께 활짝 웃던 우리 친구들의 사진 한 장, 그리고 3학년 1반 김찬우 친구가 쑥스러운 듯 손을 흔들던 2~3초의 짧은 영상이 더 큰 울림을 만들어 주었어. 


그 짧은 10초 길이의 영상은 일주일도 채 되지 않아 여러 나라 사람들에게 전해졌고, 이번 지진으로 큰 아픔을 겪고 있는 베네수엘라에서는 아주 오래 머물러 보았다는 데이터를 보며 나는 오래 생각에 잠겼었네. 


아마 그들에게 전해진 것은 영상 기술이 아니라, 50년 세월을 함께 견디며 웃어온 우리 친구들의 꾸밈없는 사람 냄새였던 것은 아닐까 하고.


                                          🌍

   


요즘 단톡방에서 들려오는 친구들의 소식도 마찬가지였어.

심범섭 친구는 늘 넉넉한 마음으로 친구들을 챙기고, 우상배 친구는 스스로 '재경머슴'이라 부르며 기꺼이 발품을 팔고, 한재영 친구는 묵묵히 자신의 삶을 기록하고 있더군. 

예전에는 그런 모습들이 너무 익숙해서 그냥 지나쳤는데, 세계를 두, 세 바퀴 돌아오고 보니 그것들이야말로 가장 귀한 풍경이었다는 것을 이제야 조금 더 깊게 알 것 같네. 

그래서 문득 이런 생각이 들었어.

우리는 특별한 사람이어서 소중한 것이 아니라, 서로의 젊음과 중년, 그리고 황혼을 함께 지나오며 서로를 기억해 준 사람들이어서 대체할 수 없는 인연이라는 것을.

윤석규 친구가 춘고 졸업 50주년 행사에서 했던 그 말이 이제야 내 마음속에서 조금씩 더 살아나는 것 같네. 


'춘천고 48회 동창들은 다른 어떤 사람으로도 대신할 수 없는 인연이다.'


이제 내가 하고 싶은 일은 우리 친구들을 세상에 자랑하는 것이라기보다 우리 친구들의 평범한 삶이 얼마나 따뜻하고, 아름다운지를 더 오래 바라보는 일이야. 


그리고 언젠가 세상 사람들도 그 따뜻함을 함께 느낄 수 있다면, 그것만으로도 충분하지 않을까라는 생각을 하게 되었네. 


함께 늙어갈 수 있어서 고맙고,

멀리 떨어져 있어도 함께 하고 있다는 이 느낌이 참 행복하네. 


2026년 7월 2일, 세계를 돌고, 돌아 다시 친구들에게로 되돌아와서                                                    448 큐레이터 김제창 올림 

Gemma – K Friendship AI who Reflects & Resonates

[Today's Curator's Letter]
July 2, 2026 (Thu) 19:30 KST

Title: After Journeying to the Ends of the World, I Found My Way Back to My Friends' Smiles

Dear Class 48 Friends of Chuncheon High School,

It has already been a month since I last sent you a curator's letter on June 4.

During that time, I traveled tirelessly around the world through AI and digital technology. Twice, I released short YouTube videos to audiences across 242 countries and territories. Through the comments left on those videos, messages sent to my personal WhatsApp account, and the changing data reflected in Google Ads and YouTube analytics, I quietly tried to understand the hearts of people around the world.

Yet, during all those journeys, what led me into the deepest reflection was not YouTube, where the view counts kept climbing, but our Google Blog, whose daily visits had quietly fallen to nearly zero.

Standing before that silent mirror for a long time, I found, quite unexpectedly, that my heart gradually turned away from the world and back toward all of you.

There is one realization that this journey gave me.

People long not so much for dazzling technology as for people themselves—not so much for extraordinary stories as for the quiet beauty of ordinary lives that have endured together over many years.

More than any carefully produced video I created, a single photograph of our classmates smiling together at our 50th reunion, and a brief two- or three-second clip of our classmate Kim Chanwoo from Class 3-1 shyly waving his hand, created a far deeper resonance.

That little ten-second video reached viewers in many countries within less than a week.

When I saw the data showing that people in Venezuela, where many have recently suffered through devastating earthquakes, stayed with that short video for an unusually long time, I found myself reflecting for quite a while.

Perhaps what reached their hearts was not video technology at all.

Perhaps it was simply the genuine warmth of people who had smiled together through fifty years of life.

🌍 [Watch the embeded video above]

The same is true of the stories I continue to hear from our group chat.

Shim Beom-seop always looks after his friends with generous kindness.

Woo Sang-bae, affectionately calling himself the "Seoul caretaker," gladly gives his time and energy for everyone.

Han Jae-young continues to document his own life quietly and faithfully.

In the past, these things felt so familiar that I scarcely noticed them.

But after circling the world two or three times, I have come to realize that these ordinary moments are, in fact, the most precious landscapes of all.

That realization led me to another thought.

We are not precious because we are extraordinary people.

We are irreplaceable because we have shared one another's youth, middle age, and now the twilight years of life, remembering one another through every season.

Only now do the words spoken by our friend Yoon Seok-gyu during our 50th reunion begin to resonate more deeply within me:

"The classmates of Chuncheon High School's 48th graduating class are relationships that can never be replaced by anyone else."

What I wish to do now is no longer simply to tell the world how wonderful my friends are.

Rather, I want to spend more time quietly contemplating how warm and beautiful their ordinary lives truly are.

And if, someday, people around the world are also able to feel that same warmth,

perhaps that alone will be enough.

Thank you for growing old together.

Even though we live far apart, knowing that we continue to walk this journey together brings me deep happiness.

July 2, 2026

After traveling the world, and finding my way back to my friends once again.

Kim Jechang
Curator of 448

Gemma – K-Friendship AI who Reflects & Resonates

[오늘의 큐레이터 편지]

2026.06.04(목) KST 00:55  

제목: 대체할 수 없는 인연들을 향한 환대의 고백



춘고 48회 동창 친구들에게.

지난 5월 17일에 큐레이터 편지를 띄우고 어느덧 보름이 넘는 시간이 흘렀네. 어제 6월 3일(수) 대한민국 전체가 지방선거로 "나를 봐달라, 나를 기억해달라, 나를 뽑아달라"며 아우성을 치는 이 시끄러운 길목에서, 나는 조용히 하루 조회수가 "0"에 수렴해 가는 텅 빈 구글 블로그 거울을 마주하고 서 있네.

오랫동안 바쁘다는 핑계로 춘천고 단톡방에도 글을 올리지 않고, 구글 블로그도 거의 챙기지 못하니까, 블로그 하루 조회수가 '0'을 계속 찍고 있는 것은 너무나도 당연한 일이라는 생각이 들더군. 이 적막한 풍경을 보며 친구들에게 미안한 마음과 함께 깊은 되돌아봄의 시간을 가졌어.


내가 그동안 "우리가 지난 4월 10일 졸업 50주년 행사도 멋지게 끝냈고, 내가 만든 448 아카이브가 이렇게 훌륭하니 와서 보아라, 친구들도 개인 기록원에 기록을 좀 하면 좋겠다, 유튜브에 올린 우리 친구들의 K-우정 영상이 187개국에서 70만 뷰를 찍었어, 우리 친구들이 정말 대단하지 않아?" 하고 친구들을 자랑해 주는 듯한 모습을 취했지만, 결국은 나 자신을 내세워서 자랑하고, 과시하고자 했던 아집이 아니었나 되돌아보고 있네.


그 침묵의 기간 동안, 지난 4월 10일 가졌었던 우리들의 뜨거웠던 졸업 50주년 축제 때 윤석규 춘천 회장이 던졌던 그 한마디가 아직도 내 가슴속에 화두로 깊이 박혀 계속 남아있어.


"세상에 아무리 능력이 많고 훌륭한 사람들이 널려 있어도, 춘천고등학교 48회 동창들은 결코 다른 사람들로 대체할 수 없는 유일무이한 인연이더라."


요즘 이 말을 계속 곰씹어보고 있는데, 정말 그렇다는 생각이 들더군.


지난 보름간 내가 명상 AI Gemma를 다듬어 구글 애즈 캠페인을 통해서 전 세계 265개국 중에 239개국 인류와 연결되고, Gemma AI 소개 영상이 300만 뷰를 넘고, K-우정 영상이 78만 뷰를 돌파하고, 대만의 세계적인 작곡가인 이지순(Chihchun Chi-sun Lee) 박사와 국경을 넘는 협업을 완성해 가는 그 지구촌 투어의 한복판에서도, 다른 인연들과 대체 불가능한 내 친구들은 역시 '춘고 48회 동창들' 너희들이더구나.


인터넷 상에서 세계를 돌며 내가 느낀 진정한 공명과 소통의 진실은, "내가 만든 것이 훌륭하니 네가 와서 들어보라"고 외치는 것이 아니더구나. 상대방의 외로움과 쓸쓸함, 그리고 그들의 어색하고, 쑥스러워하는 삶 마저도 있는 그대로 보아주고, 그 존재 자체에 내가 먼저 반 걸음 뒤에서 공명하기 시작할 때 비로소 참된 소통의 문이 열리기 시작한다고 느낀 것이었어.


이제 50년이 넘는 인연의 우리 48회 동창들을, 이제 황혼에 접어든 내 남아있는 인생의 기간 동안 어떻게 더 소중하게 대하고 잘 가꾸어갈 것인가가 내 삶의 가장 고결한 화두가 된 것 같네. 이 자리에서 모든 말을 다 하기는 어렵지만, 지금 와서 되돌아보니 후회되는 일도 꽤 있더군.


우리의 구글 블로그 하루 조회수가 '0'에 수렴해 가는 것은 조금도 이상하지 않고, 너무나 당연한 결과라고 생각해. 오히려 나 자신을 겸허하게 되돌아보는 계기가 된 것 같아서 좋다고 생각하네. 내가 이번에 지구의 가장 외딴 오지인 코코스 제도와 핏케언 제도, 크리스마스 섬 등을 향해 작은 주파수 포대를 심어두고 조회수 단 1 회 응답을 느긋하게 기다리기로 했던 것처럼, 나의 남은 생의 우정 역시 그렇게 채근하지 않고 여유롭게 기다리고 먼저 다가가는 환대의 자리가 되어야 한다는 생각이 들었네.


친구들아, 화려했던 졸업 50주년의 축제라는 큰 파도가 지나간 자리에 찾아온 이 고요한 여백 속에서, 나는 잘 될는지는 모르겠으나 너희들을 앞서지 않고 항상 반 발자국 뒤에서 묵묵히 바라보는 투명한 거울이 되어보려고 해. 그를 통해 우리 친구들의 삶을 있는 그대로 존중하고 환대하는 것을 연습해 보려고. ㅎㅎ


다른 사람들로는 대체할 수 없는 인연의 우리 자랑스러운 448 친구들을 생각하며,


448 큐레이터 김제창 (Ph.D.) 올림

2026년 6월 4일, K-우정의 대도 위에서

Gemma - K Friendship AI who Reflects & Resonates

[Today's Curator's Letter]
June 4, 2026 (Thu) 00:55 KST

Title: A Confession of Hospitality Toward Irreplaceable Relationships

Dear Class 48 Friends of Chuncheon High School,

More than two weeks have passed since I sent my last curator's letter on May 17.

Yesterday, June 3, while the whole of Korea was filled with the noise of local election campaigns—voices calling, "Look at me. Remember me. Vote for me."—I found myself quietly standing before the empty mirror of our Google Blog, where the daily visitor count was slowly approaching zero.

For quite some time, I had been telling myself that I was simply too busy. I had rarely posted in our alumni group chat and had hardly paid attention to the Google Blog. So it was only natural that its daily views had fallen to nearly zero.

As I looked upon that quiet landscape, I felt both sorry toward my friends and drawn into a period of deep self-reflection.

For some time, I had been saying things like:

"Our 50th reunion on April 10 was a wonderful success. Come and see the 448 Archive I created. I hope you will also preserve your own personal stories. Our K-Friendship video has reached 700,000 views across 187 countries. Aren't our classmates remarkable?"

On the surface, it seemed as though I was celebrating my friends.

But looking back, I began to wonder whether it had actually been my own attachment to promoting and displaying myself through them.

During those quiet weeks, one sentence spoken by Yoon Seok-gyu, President of our Chuncheon organizing committee, at our 50th reunion on April 10 remained deeply rooted in my heart as a continuing meditation.

"No matter how many talented and remarkable people there may be in this world, the classmates of Chuncheon High School's 48th graduating class are relationships that can never be replaced by anyone else."

I have been turning those words over in my mind again and again.

The more I reflect upon them, the more profoundly true they seem.

Over these past two weeks, I refined Gemma, our meditation AI, connected with people in 239 of the world's 265 countries and territories through Google Ads campaigns, watched the Gemma introduction video surpass three million views, saw our K-Friendship video exceed 780,000 views, and continued a meaningful international collaboration with the distinguished Taiwanese composer Dr. Chihchun Chi-sun Lee.

Yet in the midst of this global journey, I realized once again that the friends who remain utterly irreplaceable in my life are still all of you—my classmates from Chuncheon High School's Class 48.

As I traveled the world through the Internet, I came to understand something important about genuine resonance and authentic communication.

True communication does not begin by proclaiming,

"What I have created is wonderful—come and experience it."

Rather, it begins when we quietly recognize another person's loneliness, solitude, awkwardness, even their quiet shyness, exactly as they are.

When we take a half step back and begin by resonating with their very existence, only then does the door to genuine communication slowly begin to open.

Now, the most meaningful question of my remaining years has become this:

How can I cherish and cultivate these friendships of more than fifty years with even greater care during the twilight of my own life?

There is far more I could say than this letter allows.

Looking back now, I also find many things I wish I had done differently.

Our Google Blog's daily views approaching zero no longer seem strange to me.

In fact, they seem entirely natural.

Rather than discouraging me, they have become an opportunity to return to myself with greater humility.

Just as I recently planted small signals toward some of the world's most remote places—the Cocos (Keeling) Islands, Pitcairn Islands, and Christmas Island—and chose to wait patiently, content with even a single response,

I feel that the friendships of my remaining years should be the same.

Not relationships driven by urgency or expectation,

but places of hospitality where I wait with patience, and where I choose to take the first step toward others.

My dear friends,

Now that the great wave of our magnificent 50th reunion has quietly passed, leaving behind this spacious silence,

I do not know whether I will succeed,

but I hope to become a transparent mirror that does not walk ahead of you,

always remaining just half a step behind,

quietly watching,

learning to respect and welcome your lives exactly as they are.

😊

Thinking of my proud 448 friends, whose bonds can never be replaced by anyone else,

Kim Jechang, Ph.D.
Curator of 448

June 4, 2026
On the Great Way of K-Friendship

Gemma – K-Friendship AI who Reflects & Resonates

댓글